Priya’s Story – Stalked in PU, How do I respond?

I’m a hosteller in Panjab University and this boy has been bothering me for many weeks now. He got my number from somewhere and keeps calling me. I don’t know what to do. I asked some male friends to talk to him and he’s still calling and smsing me. I don’t want to go to the police but I don’t know what to do. I can’t tell my family because they’ll ask me come back home. I don’t know what to do now.


2 Responses

Author comments are in a darker gray color for you to easily identify the posts author in the comments

  1. Rubina says:

    Hi Priya,
    Really sorry to hear your experience. Thanks for sharing your story here.
    You can try talking to your hostel warden or the DSW (Women). PU has recently adopted an anti-sexual harassment policy and they will also be able to assist you.
    The Chandigarh Police are also very helpful and please don’t feel afraid in approaching them. If you would like further support, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

  2. harish says:

    Hello Priya,
    In the given circumstance you should not avoid complaining to cops. This guy has to be stopped and should be sent a strong message so that he thinks twice before doing any such act to even any other girl.
    Make a complaint to the police, give the respective phone number to the Police and ask them not to disclose about the complaint to any one. Let pOlice take the appropriate action. You have nothing to worry.

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress